Friday, February 5, 2010

Staple-free staplers


On my last few passes through security, I've been selected for special screening because of my office supplies.  I travel with paper clips, binder clips, tape and a teeny stapler that takes normal-size staples.  Yesterday, they took the stapler out of my laptop case and rode it through the scanning belt by itself.  It looked very cute as it rode along.  [I wanted SO DESPERATELY to take a picture, but they had already patted me down and I didn't want to provoke any more examination.]



I've wanted one of these staple-free staplers for a while.  They are only $3 or so, but shipping is usually around $8 and I couldn't bring myself to pay $8 for something that weighs less than an ounce.  I am beginning to think that this senseless expense is actually worth it.  



Anyway, here are some pictures of staple-free staplers.  They are all so cute, I don't know which one to pick.  Maybe I'll get them all and coordinate with my outfits.  If the package weighs 10 lbs, I might feel better about the $8 for s/h.
np:
Alden Strikes, Amon Tobin + Jim Dooley
Down By the River, Buddy Miles
Hook, PJ Harvey
All My Friends are Dead, Brother Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment