Saturday, August 15, 2009

Old crappy pizza

This is one of the successes of my kitchen experiments.  I recently gave my first party in I-don't-know-how-many years.  Being a major Real Simple fan, I went to their website first -- and received this tip for throwing a laid-back party.  Essentially, it's takeout pizza, cut into shapes with cookie cutters.  I ordered two pizzas and asked them not to slice them.

LESSON:  cookie cutters are no match for pizza crust.

Well, anyway, I had an entire pizza that I didn't use and tonight, I am too lazy to go shopping.  I cut the pizza in half with my fabulous OXO kitchen shears and threw it into the oven.  I baked the pizza within an inch of its life, popped it out and cut some shapes out with the kitchen shears.  Here is the result:



It's delicious and goes great with a drop of red wine.  YUUUUUUUMMMMM!!!!!!

np:
Can't Find My Way Home, Blind Faith
Dayvan Cowboy, Boards of Canada
The Ubiquitous Mr. Lovegrove, Dead Can Dance

No comments:

Post a Comment